NEA Scholarship Deadline April 1st
Tuesday, March 24, 2020
The Newell Education Scholarship Deadline is April 1st.
Newell Education Association
Scholarship Application and Guidelines
- Be a 2020 graduate from Newell High School.
- Be enrolled in or accepted to a post-secondary educational institution such as a college, university, or tech school.
- Currently hold a 2.5 grade point average or above.
- Turn in the following:
- A copy of your current high school transcript.
- Two letters of recommendation from a teacher, coach, school administrator, and or employer.
- A 250-300 word essay that explains your future goals and plans for achieving these goals as well why the selection committee should select you to win this scholarship.
- A list of your community service experiences and extra-curricular activities.
- $500.00 scholarships will be awarded to selected seniors each year.
- Application materials must be turned in by April 1, 2020 to either Mrs. Erk or Mrs. English. Applications received after this date will not be considered.
- Application information will be kept confidential.
- A representative from the selection committee will present the awards at the academic awards ceremony.
- Scholarship money will be given out via check payable to the educational institution of the recipient’s choice after January 1, 2021. The scholarship money will be used for tuition if you do not have a full ride scholarship. If you have a full ride, the check can be written to the educational expense of your choice.