South Dakota School of Mines and Technology
Note that the scholarships for incoming freshmen required a separate online application. The application opens November 1, 2018 and closes January 15, 2019.
Scholarships for Incoming Freshmen
In order to be considered for incoming freshman scholarships at the School of Mines, prospective students must complete an online scholarship application. The online scholarship application will be available beginning November 1 and is due by January 15. You must be accepted for admission to SD Mines prior to completing the scholarship application. Students interested in departmental scholarships should contact their respective department for further information.
Types of Scholarships Available
The SD Mines Scholarship Committee awards scholarships which include:
- Surbeck Scholarships - $9,000 (renewable for 3 additional years)
- Presidential Scholarships - $5,000 (renewable for 3 additional years)
- Distinctive Scholarships - $1,000 to $5,000 (renewable for 3 additional years)
- SD Mines Scholarships - $2,000 to $3,000 (renewable for 1 additional year)
- Freshman Scholarships - $100 to $2,000 (non-renewable)
SD Mines commits to awarding scholarship funds to as many students as possible. All of the scholarship funds in which SD Mines receives are from alumni, family, corporations, and friends of SD Mines. SD Mines has outstanding students and merit scholarships are extremely competitive.