2018 BIG Idea Scholarships and Awards
Sunday, September 23, 2018
2018 BIG Idea Competition
2018 marks another exciting year for the BIG Idea Competition. Here's an update on what we've been working on.
NEW this year is another industry prize category for students to enter their qualified business. Midwest Ag Supply is sponsoring a Food Animal Agriculture category. Food Animal Agriculture is defined as agricultural processes related to beef, dairy, sheep, goat, swine and poultry. There will be $500 prize for the category winner in addition to the existing Wellness category prize and Marketing Design prize.
Additional Updates for 2018
- Addition of career clusters. As part of their application, students will choose the career cluster related to their idea.
- Updated website with simplified navigation.
- New location, on NSU's campus, for the BIG Idea Final Event.
- Expanded mentor program for finalists.
- Partner In Business Award (for teachers) to encourage network building.
Competition Opens: September 1, 2018
Submission Deadline: October 31, 2018
Finalists Notified: Mid-November
Final Competition & Awards: December 5, 2018 in Aberdeen
1st Place $1000 Cash, $1000 Presentation College Scholarship
& $1000 Northern State University Scholarship
2nd Place $500 Cash, $500 Presentation College Scholarship
& $500 Northern State University Scholarship
3rd Place - $250 Cash
Marketing Design Winner- $500 Cash
Food Animal Agriculture Category Winner-
Makerspace Consultation Prize (open to all schools)