Newell Education Association (NEA) Scholarship
Tuesday, February 12, 2019
Newell Education Association
Scholarship Application and Guidelines
- Be a 2019 graduate from Newell High School.
- Be enrolled in or accepted at a post-secondary educational institution.
- Currently hold a 2.5 grade point average or above.
- Provide a copy of a high school transcript.
- Provide two letters of recommendation from a teacher, coach, school administrator, and or employer.
- Prepare a 250-300 word essay that explains future goals and plans for achieving these goals.
- Describe community service experience and extra-curricular activities.
- Two $500.00 scholarships to qualifying seniors May 2019
- Application materials must be turned in by April 1, 2019. Applications received after this date will not be considered.
- Application information will not be used for any purpose other than this award.
- The selection committee will present the awards at the academic awards ceremony.
- Scholarship money will be given via check payable to the educational institution of the recipient’s choice on January 1, 2020.
- The scholarship money may be used for any educational expense including tuition, fees, room, board and or books following the successful completion of the first semester. Application forms are available from Ms. Erk or Dr. English.
- Completed applications and supporting materials must be returned to Dr. English or Ms. Erk no later than April 1, 2019.