The Society of Black Hills Pioneers Word Count
The Society of Black Hills Pioneers will award one $500 scholarship each year 10 a High School Senior who will be attending a public or private college, university or technical school. The scholarship will be grantedfor
City State Zip
Phone Number (where you can be reached)
High School Name and Location
Criteria for qualification:
- An original essay not less than 500 words or more than 1000 words related to a local historical personality, group of people, a profile of an original ancestor or some significant historical event or development which has been an aspect of Black Hills history. The essay must be footnoted or direct quotes and contain a bibliography of sources, correct spelling and punctuation, double-spaced and typed in Times New Roman 12 font.
- Two (2) references from a teacher or an adult individual who is familiar with your character.
- An official transcript of all high school course work and ACT scores certified from your guidance counselor.
- A statement explaining why you want this scholarship.
- High School activities and years of participation
- Honors and awards (state year and nature of honor/award)
- Community involvement and activities
- College/University/Technical School you will attend
- Year and semester you will begin. If uncertain, list the two or three institutions you are most likely to attend. If you have already been accepted, then indicate the name of the institution and date of acceptance.
Please include the following items with your application.
Scholarships are awarded without regard to race, color, religion, gender, disability, or natural origin, although they must be a U.S. Citizen. Recipients are selected on the above statements as well as leadership participation in school and community activities, honors, and work experience and statement of career and education goals.
All of the above and any personal statement the applicant wishes to include are to be in the hands of the Scholarship Chairrnan by March 1 5. 2019.
2602 'l'omahawk Dr.
Rapid City SD 57702