As you may have heard, McDonald's recently announced a $150 million investment through its Archways to Opportunity education program to triple tuition assistance and lower eligibility requirements for U.S. restaurant employees. As one of the largest employer brands, McDonald's is evolving how we support people joining the workforce.
Specifically, our new changes include:
- Increased Tuition Investment: Increase in tuition investment for eligible Crew to $2,500/year, up from $700/year.
- Lowered Eligibility Requirements: Increase access to the program by lowering participation requirement from nine months to 90 days of employment. In addition, dropping from 20 hours to 15 hours minimum per week to enable restaurant workers more time to focus on studies.
In addition to the college benefits, Archways to Opportunity also includes:
- Educational Advising: Providing access to free educational advising services.
- English as a Second Language (ESL): Offering a program that teaches employees the English they need to communicate effectively and confidently with customers and staff every day.
- Online high school completion: This program helps employees earn a high school diploma at no cost.
For more information please visit