Greetings from Southeast Tech!
We want to partner with you and your high school teaching staff to provide opportunities for your students to explore post-secondary, technical education in Sioux Falls. You can visit our campus, or we can visit your school!
NEW programs for Southeast Tech coming Fall 2020: Veterinary Technician and Dental Assisting. Here is a direct link to all of the programs we offer at Southeast Tech: https://southeasttech.edu/academics/degrees/
Admission information can be found online at https://southeasttech.edu/admissions/. Also, Southeast Tech is now an In-District school for SD My Life/Xello Transcript recipient. South Dakota high school students can request transcripts be sent electronically to Southeast Tech through their SD My Life portal.
Following is a list of ways to connect your students with Southeast Tech:
- Visit Southeast Tech
- Campus Visit Days: October 11, November 1, February 7, March 20 More geared for an upperclassman who are interested in attending Southeast Tech in the near future!
- Career Exploration Days: December 18 and May 13 Full Day Career Exploration event for all high school students 9 – 12. CHANGE – we typically have hosted 8 – 10 exploration camps throughout the year – one industry per day. This year, we will host 2 days a year and highlight many industries. Students would need to select an industry to explore. All students will start and end together; however, they will explore the specific industry they signed up for. This could be a great opportunity for schools to bring groups of students, even if they are interested in different industries.
- Personal Visits: make appointment with our Admissions Staff by calling 605-367-6040 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Southeast Tech Faculty Available to Visit Your Classrooms
- Our Admission Recruiters are scheduling visits to visit your high schools. They look forward to visiting with students who already indicated an interest in Southeast Tech or any new students who may be interested in Technical Education! If students are busy, they’d still like to visit with you!
- Our industry-prepared and connected faculty are available to visit your school. They can teach a lesson or provide a demonstration and offer insight into career outcomes – we partner with hundreds of companies who want and need more technically-skilled employees -- Southeast Tech graduates!
- College Application Week (Nov. 4 – 8)
- Southeast Tech is participating in College Application Week. In fact, our application is FREE year round!
- Dual Credit Enrollment
- Southeast Tech Dual Credit Website
- $48.33 per credit hour
- Students may take online or on-campus courses.
- If your school is located within an hour of Sioux Falls, Southeast Tech faculty may be able to teach a course at your school.
- Qualifying students may enroll at Southeast Tech to simultaneously earn credits for both their high school diploma and Southeast Tech certificate, diploma or degree.
- The Build Dakota Scholarship Application will be available January 1 to April 15. In order to qualify, students must be accepted into an eligible program. Check out our website for more information.
- Southeast Tech Foundation Scholarships will also be open at the same time.
- Financial Aid Nights
- There are several options for providing Financial Aid informational sessions to your students and their families. A Southeast Tech college education is a smart investment! The S.D. Dept. of Labor reports that the average wages of occupations requiring a technical, associate degree is $65,592. That’s slightly higher than the average wages of occupations requiring a bachelor degree ($62,028).
- Entrance Testing Information
- For most Southeast Tech programs, students are NOT required to have an ACT for Admission. However, for Placement into English and Math classes an entrance test may be required, in which an ACT or SAT would be helpful.
- Students entering Southeast Tech MAY be asked to complete an Entrance Exam for Admission if no ACT or the initial academic marks does not meet the initial criteria.